This tutorial is about how to download and install Google Fonts on Windows 11/10. We will do our best to make you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Download and Install Google Fonts on Windows 11/10. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How To Download And Install Google Fonts On Windows 11/10
Google has a great free service called Google Fonts. It offers a number of free, open source, high-quality fonts that anyone can use on their website or in their own application with an open license. Many websites use them. If you prefer any font from the Google font library, here’s how you can install and use it on your installed copy of Windows 10/11. All you need to do is download all the fonts of your choice. Once done, you can install them just like any other font in Windows. Let’s look at this process in detail.
Install fonts in Windows 11
In this article, we will cover all the ways you can install fonts in Windows 10 and Windows 11. Furthermore, we will also discuss how you can download new fonts to use on your Windows PC. As always, you can use the table of contents to navigate through this article.
How to install fonts in Windows 11 and Windows 10
There are a few ways to install fonts in Windows 11 and Windows 10. We will detail three different methods for this. If one doesn’t work for you, move on to the next.
Use the source file
The simplest and easiest way is to use the source file of the font. You must have noticed that the file we downloaded will have arrived in a compressed ZIP folder. So before we start installing the font, we will need to extract it. Follow the steps below to extract and install the various fonts in Windows 11 and Windows 10.
- Right click on the compressed font file and select “Extract All”. If you are using Winrar like I am, choose ‘Extract Files’.
- Choose the destination where you want your font folder to be. For the sake of simplicity, I am using my desktop. Press Extract or OK depending on whether you are using the Windows or Winrar extractor.
- Your desktop will now have a folder with the name of the font as the title. Double click on it to open it.
- Depending on the font you downloaded, you will now see one or more files. By following the names, you can see that these are the different styles of the same font. If you just want one style, you can install it on your Windows 11 PC.
- Right-click on the font file and choose Install or Install for all users. The latter will be installed for all user accounts on your PC.
- The font installation will start and finish in just a few seconds and voila. You can choose to repeat the steps above to install all the different fonts in Windows 11.
Install from Control Panel
If the first method is not suitable for you, the Control Panel is another way to install fonts in Windows 11. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Windows start menu and type Control Panel in the search bar. Click the result as it appears.
- The Control Panel will display a list of items to choose from. Find and click Fonts in the list. However, if you have chosen the category option, you can click Appearance and Personalization> Fonts.
- A full directory of preloaded fonts will now appear in Windows 11. This is where we will add our new font.
- Open the folder of the previously downloaded font and choose the font you want to install. Then just drag and drop it from that folder to the font grid you see above.
- Your chosen font will automatically install in seconds and voila.
Use the font settings app
Definitely the laziest method for Windows users among you, the Font Settings app is a modified version of the drag-and-drop method we used previously. Users looking to install fonts in Windows 11 can take advantage of this one too. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Windows start menu and type Font in the search bar. Click the result as it appears.
- The following window will open showing the different fonts installed in Windows 11. You will also see a rectangular box titled ‘Drag and drop to install’, which is what we will use.
- Open the already downloaded fonts folder and choose the font you want to install. Then just drag it from that folder to the rectangular drag and drop box that you see.
- The font will take a few seconds to install and voila! You can find the font in any text editor of your choice. Find it and start using it.
How to download fonts
It’s no wonder that most online sources are paid for and require you to shell out money to use them. However, that doesn’t mean that good free fonts don’t exist. If you don’t know where or how to find fonts to download for Windows, follow the steps below to do so. We will use Google Fonts for this as the website offers a ton of free fonts.
- With your browser open, visit Google Fonts.
- You will find a complete directory of various free fonts. As you can see, the fonts are available in various styles and languages. You can even search for a specific font using the search bar above. I myself am a supporter of Roboto and since it is not in my system that is what I will choose.
- Click on the font you have chosen once to open its page. You will be taken to another page that shows you the font styles. You can enter your own sentence to see what it will look like.
- Once you are satisfied that this is your source, click the Download Family button at the top right. This will download all the styles from that font.
- Choose the save path and then hit Save. Your font has now been downloaded.
Final Words: How to Download and Install Google Fonts on Windows 11/10
I hope you understand this article How to Download and Install Google Fonts on Windows 11/10If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your family and friends.