GTA 5 enthusiasts are eager to play the game on their mobile devices and frequently ask if it is possible. This is not possible natively because the game has never been converted to Android or iOS. Those who own games on Steam, on the other hand, can use the Steam Link to do so. Steam Link is a web-based application that allows PC gamers to stream games to mobile devices. When using Steam Link, bandwidth and latency between the user’s PC, router, and mobile device will affect streaming performance. This is how players can use Steam Link to set up and stream GTA 5 to their mobile devices.
GTA 5 on Android: a guide to using Steam Link to play on mobile devices
Steam Link must be downloaded and installed on the mobile device where the game will be played in order to play a PC game on it. Players must have purchased GTA 5 on Steam in order to play it. The Epic Games Store version of the game does not support Steam Link.
The game will run on the computer where it is installed, and the results will be displayed on the smartphone screen. As a result, the mobile device also functions as a controller and monitor. Players are recommended to use a different controller for the best performance.
- To get started, players must connect their smartphones to the same network as their computers.
- On the smartphone to be used to play the game, the ‘Steam Link’ application must be installed. This can be done by clicking on the Google Play Store link provided below.
- Players then need to connect their Android smartphone to the Steam app on their PC.
- After that, customers need to press the “Start Playback” button to activate the “Big Picture Mode” on their screen. The smartphone will now begin to mimic the appearance of a computer screen.
- Finally, users must select GTA 5 from their Steam collection and press the “Play” button to start the game.
Various Android ports of Rockstar’s 3D Universe games have been released, including titles from the PSP era. GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, and Chinatown Wars are among them. Meanwhile, the games HD Universe and Vice City Stories have been removed from the calendar for 2021.
For more tech related news, please subscribe to our YouTube channel if you haven’t already.