ITR AY 2021-22: How to download Form 26AS online & nbsp | & nbspPhoto credit: & nbspi Stock Images
Those who have already submitted the Income Tax Return (ITR) for the assessment year 2021-22 (AY22) or the collection of information to submit it already know what Form 26AS is. It should be noted that the deadline for submitting ITRs for AY22 is December 31, 2021.
The crucial income tax filing document, Form 26as, shows various details, such as taxes deducted or paid on taxpayers’ income from various sources. It is basically a tax credit statement of the assessed that includes the tax deducted at the source (TDS), the tax collected at the source (TCS), the anticipated tax or the self-assessment tax paid, the regular tax, the tax refund received , the details of an appraisal year, etc. The scope of Form 26as has been expanded to include more details such as foreign remittances, mutual fund purchases, dividends, refund details, etc.
The new ITR filing website launched by www.incometax.gov.in launched by the Income Tax (IT) Department on June 7, 2021 has also simplified the download of Form 26AS.
How to download Form 26AS for AY22:
- Login to the new official income tax website: incometax.gov.in;
- Click on the ‘Login’ option at the top right of the home page;
- After logging in, go to the ‘e-file’ menu and click on the link ‘View Form 26 AS (Tax Credit)’;
- Please read the disclaimer carefully and click the “Confirm” button;
- After clicking the ‘Confirm’ button in the disclaimer, you will be redirected to the TDS-CPC website;
- On the TDS-CPC website, accept the acceptance of uses and click the ‘Continue’ option;
- Click on the option ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’;
- Select the year of evaluation;
- Select ‘View Type’ (HTML, Text or PDF);
- Click on ‘View / Download’; Y
- Your Form 26AS will be displayed on your computer monitor or cell phone screen.
- Download and save Form 26 AS for future use.
To download Form 26AS as PDF, you can export the Tax Credit Statement as PDF, view it as HTML> click ‘Export as PDF’.